# Plugin Development

**URL:** https://forum.4ms.info/c/plugin-dev/5.md

[Latest](https://forum.4ms.info/latest.md) · [Categories](https://forum.4ms.info/categories.md) · [Tags](https://forum.4ms.info/tags.md)

---

## [About the Plugin Development category](https://forum.4ms.info/t/about-the-plugin-development-category/8)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@danngreen](https://forum.4ms.info/u/danngreen)\
**Replies:** 0\
**Last updated:** [August 8, 2024, 7:42am UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/about-the-plugin-development-category/8 "2024-08-08T07:42:30Z")

</div>

Discussions about plugin development for the MetaModule: writing plugins, troubleshooting compilation, and announcements for updates to the SDK.

---

## [Create MetaModule plugins from Puredata patches (beta)](https://forum.4ms.info/t/create-metamodule-plugins-from-puredata-patches-beta/2773)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@dreamer](https://forum.4ms.info/u/dreamer)\
**Replies:** 10\
**Last updated:** [November 4, 2026, 6:19pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/create-metamodule-plugins-from-puredata-patches-beta/2773 "2026-11-04T18:19:41Z")

</div>

I’m looking for beta testers and feedback for the new Heavy Compiler Generator for MetaModule! The past few weeks I’ve been working on this new wrapper for MetaModule Native plugins: start with MetaModule generator by d…

---

## [Erica Synths LXR-02 eurorack now open source! Meta port possible?](https://forum.4ms.info/t/erica-synths-lxr-02-eurorack-now-open-source-meta-port-possible/2855)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@Holofonze](https://forum.4ms.info/u/Holofonze)\
**Replies:** 7\
**Last updated:** [November 2, 2026, 4:10am UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/erica-synths-lxr-02-eurorack-now-open-source-meta-port-possible/2855 "2026-11-02T04:10:54Z")

</div>

Now that LXR-02 just went fully open source, anyone of you talented individuals want to have a go at porting the engines onto Meta? :wink: Edit: updated for eurorack version code

---

## [What are you working on?](https://forum.4ms.info/t/what-are-you-working-on/2184)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@vurt](https://forum.4ms.info/u/vurt)\
**Replies:** 60\
**Last updated:** [October 26, 2026, 9:39am UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/what-are-you-working-on/2184 "2026-10-26T09:39:19Z")

</div>

Thought i’d start a relaxed general thread where you can share what you are working on. Ideas, issues, whatever you feel like sharing. Maybe someone is doing the same port as you are thinking about doing? I use AI to …

---

## [SDK v2.4](https://forum.4ms.info/t/sdk-v2-4/2824)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@danngreen](https://forum.4ms.info/u/danngreen)\
**Replies:** 0\
**Last updated:** [October 2, 2026, 9:35pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/sdk-v2-4/2824 "2026-10-02T21:35:54Z")

</div>

There are some new features available for plugins in SDK v2.4.0: VCV Expander support Support for expanders in VCV-ported modules. I don’t have immediate plans for supporting this in native modules, but it’ll come event…

---

## [All\_inputs/outputs\_unpatched not working](https://forum.4ms.info/t/all-inputs-outputs-unpatched-not-working/2795)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@dreamer](https://forum.4ms.info/u/dreamer)\
**Replies:** 3\
**Last updated:** [September 9, 2026, 7:47pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/all-inputs-outputs-unpatched-not-working/2795 "2026-09-09T19:47:37Z")

</div>

Maybe I’m testing it incorrectly, but I’m unable to get anything from these functions. I’ve tried turning on panel LEDs and printing to console, but nothing shows up. The other jack-detect functions are working great, …

---

## [SDK v2.3](https://forum.4ms.info/t/sdk-v2-3/2737)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@danngreen](https://forum.4ms.info/u/danngreen)\
**Replies:** 12\
**Last updated:** [August 22, 2026, 5:58pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/sdk-v2-3/2737 "2026-08-22T17:58:23Z")

</div>

SDK v2.3 was just tagged (api-v2.3.0), and with it come some new safety features as well as helpers for USB and USB-MIDI: Exceptions (out of memory) tl:dr: Use try/catch around all large memory allocations. Plugins can…

---

## [Panel element coordinates off by 2x?](https://forum.4ms.info/t/panel-element-coordinates-off-by-2x/2765)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@dreamer](https://forum.4ms.info/u/dreamer)\
**Replies:** 5\
**Last updated:** [August 17, 2026, 6:38pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/panel-element-coordinates-off-by-2x/2765 "2026-08-17T18:38:43Z")

</div>

So I created a little panel generator (for the Native integration) based on the number of knobs, leds, and jack inputs and outputs. It takes a number of assets and spreads them around so they fit the maximum height and a…

---

## [LED on panel missing glow](https://forum.4ms.info/t/led-on-panel-missing-glow/2751)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@dreamer](https://forum.4ms.info/u/dreamer)\
**Replies:** 2\
**Last updated:** [August 14, 2026, 5:20am UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/led-on-panel-missing-glow/2751 "2026-08-14T05:20:44Z")

</div>

I noticed this just now in my experiments porting to MM. When in patch view the LED does not have a glow, which sometimes makes it hard to discern. However when selecting the module and going into its config it does hav…

---

## [Using arm-gcc14 on Debian 13 - not finding include dir for building plugin-libc](https://forum.4ms.info/t/using-arm-gcc14-on-debian-13-not-finding-include-dir-for-building-plugin-libc/2742)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@dreamer](https://forum.4ms.info/u/dreamer)\
**Replies:** 10\
**Last updated:** [August 7, 2026, 5:53pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/using-arm-gcc14-on-debian-13-not-finding-include-dir-for-building-plugin-libc/2742 "2026-08-07T17:53:16Z")

</div>

I’m trying to follow the instructions to setup the toolchain and running ./scripts/build-plugin-libc-autotools.sh 14 /usr/bin/ However this does not correctly setup the include path and I get grep: /include/newlib.h: No…

---

## [Echo from Saphire](https://forum.4ms.info/t/echo-from-saphire/2723)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@BobbyLachapelle](https://forum.4ms.info/u/BobbyLachapelle)\
**Replies:** 2\
**Last updated:** [July 22, 2026, 8:40pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/echo-from-saphire/2723 "2026-07-22T20:40:31Z")

</div>

Is there any plan for Echo from Saphire to be ported to the MM? Thanks

---

## [SDK v2.2, and looking ahead](https://forum.4ms.info/t/sdk-v2-2-and-looking-ahead/2669)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@danngreen](https://forum.4ms.info/u/danngreen)\
**Replies:** 0\
**Last updated:** [June 22, 2026, 10:19pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/sdk-v2-2-and-looking-ahead/2669 "2026-06-22T22:19:18Z")

</div>

With firmware v2.2 comes SDK v2.2, and it supports polyphony natively (i.e. with CoreProcessor modules). To take advantage of it, derive your class from CoreProcessorPoly and then implement the get\_poly\_input\_buffer() an…

---

## [SysEx with Erae 2 - Firmware v2.1.17](https://forum.4ms.info/t/sysex-with-erae-2-firmware-v2-1-17/2645)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@TheTechnobear](https://forum.4ms.info/u/TheTechnobear)\
**Replies:** 30\
**Last updated:** [June 18, 2026, 2:51pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/sysex-with-erae-2-firmware-v2-1-17/2645 "2026-06-18T14:51:51Z")

</div>

had a chance to work on this, basically connecting an Erae 2 to the MM to use the Erae 2 developer API (based on sysec) for some ‘custom’ UI for MM :slight\_smile: ok, before I continue, apologise i didnt get to test thi…

---

## [Feedback on SDK v2.1](https://forum.4ms.info/t/feedback-on-sdk-v2-1/1700)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@danngreen](https://forum.4ms.info/u/danngreen)\
**Replies:** 11\
**Last updated:** [May 26, 2026, 11:58pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/feedback-on-sdk-v2-1/1700 "2026-05-26T23:58:21Z")

</div>

I’m working on SDK v2.1 which has some features I saw requested on this forum, plus it has some helpers for supporting streaming wav files from disk and drawing a waveform in native plugins. This still under developme…

---

## [New release! Submit v1.6 is out for MetaModule - now with Gain and Sweep](https://forum.4ms.info/t/new-release-submit-v1-6-is-out-for-metamodule-now-with-gain-and-sweep/2593)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@Submit](https://forum.4ms.info/u/Submit)\
**Replies:** 18\
**Last updated:** [May 10, 2026, 2:30am UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/new-release-submit-v1-6-is-out-for-metamodule-now-with-gain-and-sweep/2593 "2026-05-10T02:30:58Z")

</div>

The Submit collection for 4ms MetaModule is now available — no longer in beta! All 7 modules have been ported and tested on hardware: Drift, Chrono, Impact, Chain, Squeeze, Shape and Master. Modules: Drift: Analog…

---

## [PNG Rendering issues](https://forum.4ms.info/t/png-rendering-issues/2588)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@stuart78](https://forum.4ms.info/u/stuart78)\
**Replies:** 9\
**Last updated:** [May 4, 2026, 9:39pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/png-rendering-issues/2588 "2026-05-04T21:39:38Z")

</div>

I’ve been working on porting over my SignalFunctionSet plugin and I’m finding that while most of my modules render correctly, two have glitched out faceplates. Fugue, posted below, shows the issue. I’ve converted the PN…

---

## [Souped Up MIDI Controller](https://forum.4ms.info/t/souped-up-midi-controller/2540)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@Starscream](https://forum.4ms.info/u/Starscream)\
**Replies:** 14\
**Last updated:** [April 7, 2026, 4:48am UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/souped-up-midi-controller/2540 "2026-04-07T04:48:23Z")

</div>

We have seen Streamdeck XL+, Oxi E16, Modern MIDI Timepod and Elektra One Mini, etc. Can MM gain a module which would be made to do the stuff we would want, similar to these devices for parameter controls of other hardwa…

---

## [Impromptu modules](https://forum.4ms.info/t/impromptu-modules/1584)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@constantG](https://forum.4ms.info/u/constantG)\
**Replies:** 13\
**Last updated:** [March 10, 2026, 7:04pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/impromptu-modules/1584 "2026-03-10T19:04:23Z")

</div>

Is anyone working on these modules for porting?

---

## [Will the Befaco Oneiroi be coming to the 4ms Meta?](https://forum.4ms.info/t/will-the-befaco-oneiroi-be-coming-to-the-4ms-meta/859)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@saulbass](https://forum.4ms.info/u/saulbass)\
**Replies:** 40\
**Last updated:** [March 7, 2026, 5:45pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/will-the-befaco-oneiroi-be-coming-to-the-4ms-meta/859 "2026-03-07T17:45:04Z")

</div>

---

## [Twisted Cable modules](https://forum.4ms.info/t/twisted-cable-modules/2228)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@Submit](https://forum.4ms.info/u/Submit)\
**Replies:** 0\
**Last updated:** [March 5, 2026, 9:18am UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/twisted-cable-modules/2228 "2026-03-05T09:18:19Z")

</div>

I recently asked the developer if there are plans to make these modules compatible with MetaModule: If this becomes possible, these modules would be very useful in the MetaModule environment. Just sharing the req…

---

## [Debugging on Metamodule with coding agents (pi, openai codex, tmux, etc)](https://forum.4ms.info/t/debugging-on-metamodule-with-coding-agents-pi-openai-codex-tmux-etc/2221)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@hemmer](https://forum.4ms.info/u/hemmer)\
**Replies:** 3\
**Last updated:** [March 3, 2026, 8:45pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/debugging-on-metamodule-with-coding-agents-pi-openai-codex-tmux-etc/2221 "2026-03-03T20:45:04Z")

</div>

As mentioned Will the Befaco Oneiroi be coming to the 4ms Meta?, I’ve been setting up a way to debug using an AI agent to assist with the process (as I’m not super familiar with GDB), and thought I’d share. Fair warning,…

---

## [Is VULT releasing modules on MM?](https://forum.4ms.info/t/is-vult-releasing-modules-on-mm/395)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@SunSpots](https://forum.4ms.info/u/SunSpots)\
**Replies:** 4\
**Last updated:** [August 28, 2025, 8:49pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/is-vult-releasing-modules-on-mm/395 "2025-08-28T20:49:14Z")

</div>

is VULT coming on board with the MM? We saw something on Facebook did he ever get closer to releasing?

---

## [Bastl Pizza, Basil, Crust](https://forum.4ms.info/t/bastl-pizza-basil-crust/2200)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@Zymos](https://forum.4ms.info/u/Zymos)\
**Replies:** 6\
**Last updated:** [February 25, 2026, 3:14am UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/bastl-pizza-basil-crust/2200 "2026-02-25T03:14:44Z")

</div>

These were just ported to VCV. Any chance of MM versions?

---

## [Thoughts on ai use to port an open source sequencer to vcv rack then meta module](https://forum.4ms.info/t/thoughts-on-ai-use-to-port-an-open-source-sequencer-to-vcv-rack-then-meta-module/2097)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@silentbirdie](https://forum.4ms.info/u/silentbirdie)\
**Replies:** 7\
**Last updated:** [February 12, 2026, 7:56pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/thoughts-on-ai-use-to-port-an-open-source-sequencer-to-vcv-rack-then-meta-module/2097 "2026-02-12T19:56:06Z")

</div>

Curious what are peoples thoughts on using ai to port an open source sequencer to vcv then meta module if you have no experience coding. I want to do that with this tb-303 sequencer from the midilab aciduino project on g…

---

## [Default parameter value not porting from VCV](https://forum.4ms.info/t/default-parameter-value-not-porting-from-vcv/2043)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@gabrielroth](https://forum.4ms.info/u/gabrielroth)\
**Replies:** 0\
**Last updated:** [November 14, 2025, 7:41pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/default-parameter-value-not-porting-from-vcv/2043 "2025-11-14T19:41:15Z")

</div>

I’m still working on porting the Mom Jeans module. The VCV plugin doesn’t follow the VCV oscillator convention of initializing with a default pitch of C4, or 261.63 Hz. I wanted to modify the code to make it work that w…

---

## [Question about porting style](https://forum.4ms.info/t/question-about-porting-style/2036)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@gabrielroth](https://forum.4ms.info/u/gabrielroth)\
**Replies:** 6\
**Last updated:** [November 11, 2025, 12:28pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/question-about-porting-style/2036 "2025-11-11T12:28:14Z")

</div>

Looking through the code for the ports that have already been done, it looks like there’s two basic structures for porting a VCV module: (1) fork the VCV module code and add a directory called /metamodule with all the a…

---

## [Monome Modules on MM](https://forum.4ms.info/t/monome-modules-on-mm/452)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@tommygee](https://forum.4ms.info/u/tommygee)\
**Replies:** 11\
**Last updated:** [October 24, 2025, 10:39pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/monome-modules-on-mm/452 "2025-10-24T22:39:38Z")

</div>

Would be awesome to see these on MM :innocent:

---

## [SDK v2.1 released](https://forum.4ms.info/t/sdk-v2-1-released/1854)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@danngreen](https://forum.4ms.info/u/danngreen)\
**Replies:** 0\
**Last updated:** [September 5, 2025, 9:21pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/sdk-v2-1-released/1854 "2025-09-05T21:21:32Z")

</div>

SDK v2.1 is now merged into the main branch of GitHub - 4ms/metamodule-plugin-sdk: SDK for building MetaModule Plugins · GitHub New API features This adds a lot of new API functions and some helper classes based on feed…

---

## [AI Made modules and proper tagging](https://forum.4ms.info/t/ai-made-modules-and-proper-tagging/1727)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@Igor\_stravinski](https://forum.4ms.info/u/Igor_stravinski)\
**Replies:** 3\
**Last updated:** [July 18, 2025, 4:40pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/ai-made-modules-and-proper-tagging/1727 "2025-07-18T16:40:05Z")

</div>

Please don’t take this as a rant but as a polite request. I am concerned about AI-only made modules showing up in MM development. The VCV team has explicit guidelines that any module be reviewed and tested by a human, b…

---

## [Displaying a message to the user from a module](https://forum.4ms.info/t/displaying-a-message-to-the-user-from-a-module/1148)

<div class="topic-metadata">

**Author:** [@twhiston](https://forum.4ms.info/u/twhiston)\
**Replies:** 2\
**Last updated:** [July 11, 2025, 5:20pm UTC](https://forum.4ms.info/t/displaying-a-message-to-the-user-from-a-module/1148 "2025-07-11T17:20:50Z")

</div>

Maybe this is possible and I missed it, but it would be great if a module could access the green message box which sometimes pops up. This would be super useful for something like telling a user you cannot load a sample …

[Next page](https://forum.4ms.info/c/plugin-dev/5.md?page=1)
